Have you cooked with Lemongrass? Every Sunday we send out a weekly reminder on our Social Media sites to encourage our members and fans of Fitness Studio to prep their meals for the week! Planning is succeeding in our book! Please follow us on Facebook (Fitness Studio 108), Instagram (@108Fit) and Twitter (FitStudio108). This weeks meal prep includes this amazing plant and why you should be incorporating it in your day.
1. Lemongrass is a plant. The leaves and the oil are used to make medicine.
2. Lemongrass is used for treating digestive tract spasms, stomachache, high blood pressure, convulsions, pain, vomiting, cough, achy joints (rheumatism), fever, the common cold, and exhaustion. It is also used to kill germs and as a mild astringent.
2. Some people apply lemongrass and its essential oil directly to the skin for headache, stomachache, abdominal pain, and muscle pain.
3. By inhalation, the essential oil of lemongrass is used as aromatherapy for muscle pain.
4. In food and beverages, lemongrass is used as a flavoring. For example, lemongrass leaves are commonly used as “lemon” flavoring in herbal teas.
Check out your local farmers markets to purchase fresh lemongrass. Send us your comments and pictures, we would love to see how you put your lemongrass to use in your foods!