At Fitness Studio 108, being healthy inside and out are crucial components of our program. Earlier this morning I heard on the radio that Georgia- with Fulton and Forsyth County- has ranked the highest in being the sickest state in the nation right now with cold, flu, fever and like symptoms.
As reported in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, newly released data from health technology company Kinsa Health revealed that the peach state is the sickest in the nation with 7.78% of the population falling ill. Residents are experiencing symptoms like cough, fever and body aches as they battle the flu. They’re also 115% sicker than state-level illnesses reported this time last year.
Towns County is the sickest with 8.68% of the population falling ill. That’s followed by Forsyth County with 8.16% and Fulton County at 7.76%.
The data has been collected by Kinsa, the company gathers more than 25 million anonymous temperature readings is almost perfectly aligned with influenza date from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Here are the Top Things You Can Do to help yourself, your family and your immune system.
1. Avoid large crowds. Avoiding large crowds can often be difficult, however if you do have to go out, don’t be afraid to wear gloves (its also cold outside) as well as a face mask.
2. Wash your hands regularly for 30 seconds at a time. At Fitness Studio 108 we have a special soap from our Doterra products called OnGuard Foaming Wash. Formulated with gentle, purifying essential oils, the doTERRA On Guard Foaming Hand Wash is designed to cleanse the hands with help from the doTERRA On Guard Protective blend. The CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils and other natural ingredients in this product will help maintain moisture in the hands as well as naturally helps support healthy immune function.
3. Strengthen your immune system.
Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease
One of the factors that affect natural resistance is nutrition. Extra sugars and process foods breaks down the immune functions by suppressing the immune system. Balanced nutrition with proteins, healthy carbs and healthy fats aka having a healthy gut especially in terms of adequate vitamin, mineral and protein intake, enhances the resistance against infections.
4. Get an annual flu vaccination. Consult your doctor for this!
5. Clean and disinfect surfaces. In studio, please use our disinfecting wipes. These wipes are EPA Registered in all 50 States to Eliminate Staph (MRSA), Flu Virus, Norovirus, E-Coli, Herpes and More! Out in public, wipe down shopping carts, handles and anything you touch.
6. Keep your hands away from your face and far from your mouth and nose.
7. Avoid sharing food and drinks with anyone, especially babies!
8. Get sufficient sleep. Having adequate sleep is a good habit for optimal immune system functioning.
P.S. I’ve attached a link to our Doterra essential oils and our Arbonne products for any needs you may have. If you’re unsure of what you need, please contact us at Team@FitnessStudio108.com
Take care of yourself this season and always. And if you need more help, we are always here for you!
Owner of Fitness Studio 108